2008 m. gegužės 8 d., ketvirtadienis

Self- assessment of ESP learning

WRITING SKILLS
Summaries: We have tried to write analytical and restatement summaries. I found it quite interestning and useful. Generally I understand the structure of the summaries, but I think that I should be more attentive to my spelling and grammar mistakes.
ESP vocabulary tests: I found it easier than last term and my performance was better. The reason of this is that I am trying to understand the meaning of the words or definitions and to explain it in my own words. It helps to remember the words even after writing test.
Self-designed tests: It was really very interesting to create my own intelligence test. It helped to understand how questioner have to be responsible and well-informed . Designing of the tests on modules we have read helped to memorise the new information better, and try to use it in original way.
Dictations: It is always interesting to write dictations, because you can assess your writing abilities in quite confusing conditions (dictating). As last term there was the only one big problem with punctuation.
Contributions to weblogs: The themes for essays in blog were very interesting, especially about artificial intelligence. It was quite unknown field for me, so I had to search for information about it, and it was useful.
SPEAKING SKILLS
Participation in class discussions: I do not think that I was very active in class discussions, but when I had something to say, I was saying.
Presentations: I think that this term my presentation was quite at the same level as last term, but I think that I have made some progress.
Speaking in pairs: Speaking in pairs was easier than in class discussions. Especially about the interesting subjects. When you have some ideas about the topic, it is always very nice to share with partner your point of view.
LISTENING SKILLS
Listening activities in class: Listening was not very difficult, almost every time we were listening twice, so it helped to understand as better as possible. I found it not very difficult.
Listening to podcasts: It was more difficult than listening in class. I found much more easier to listen about interesting topic, than about politics or something like this.
Listening outside class if any: I had a lot of opportunities to listen and use English language outside the class, and again I persuade myself that I can understand quite well, but need to improve my vocabulary and practise more.
READING SKILLS
Home reading: Home reading this term was easier than last. Maybe because of the advance of my English level.
Class reading: More difficult than reading at home. Maybe it was hard to concentrate in the class. When we had only to skip the test, it was more easy to do it in class conditions.
Reading comprehension exercises: It was not so easy as I found it before. Anyway I have a lot to improve.
Computer tasks: Searching for some information online was useful not only for my English but for my as a person.
Generally I think that I have an improvement in my English skills.

Komentarų nėra: